Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Homemade QUICK & EASY Breadsticks

FIRST OF ALL:  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HERMANA CAPTAIN IN PERU. 

I FED THE MISSIONARIES TODAY IN HONOR OF MY FAVORITE MISSIONARY! 

I had these in Bountiful when I was staying with my friends Ginny & Dave over Spring Break. She served them with cheesy potato yumminess soup. I served them tonight for my family & the missionaries with a salad bar & a pretty good chocolate banana cream pie (from AllRecipes.com which I modified a little according to many of the reviews, and next time I will try this one, which isn't as easy or lazy...). The breadsticks would also be yummy with spaghetti, lasagna, or any Italian food that screams out breadsticks. :o)

These are mixed, kneaded, raised and baked in an hour! YUM! 


Best, Easiest Homemade Breasticks E.V.E.R. :o)

2 T instant yeast
1 T honey
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c warm water

Toppings: 1 cube butter, 1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, McCormick salad supreme seasoning (which I didn't have so I didn't use & they were still yumminess), garlic salt 

Dissolve yeast and honey in warm water, let sit for a few minutes. In large bowl combine salt and flour. Add yeast mixture to flour and stir together. Mix and knead for 3 minutes (you can do this with a dough hook on your mixer or by hand, it's not a lot of dough). Let dough rest for ten minutes. While dough is resting melt 1 cube of butter and spread half in the bottom of a cookie sheet (use a cookie sheet with sides). Roll dough out 1/2 inch thick in rectangle shape. Place on buttered cookie pan. Cut with pizza cutter into one inch strips (I did the strips the long way and then cut it into thirds the other way so they would be smaller bread sticks, you pre-cut so they will pull apart easily after they are baked). Mix 1/4 c mayo with the other 1/2 cube of melted butter. Spread over breadsticks (I know it's weird to use mayo, but it's really really really good). Sprinkle with topping: Parmesan cheese, salad seasoning & garlic salt. Let raise for 15 minutes. Bake at 365 degrees for 15 minutes. 

Dessert Spread (I haven't tried this yet): Spread 1/2 cup (I think this was a typo on the copy I got because you should have a 1/2 cube leftover from melting it and putting 1/2 in the pan) butter over breadsticks the sprinkle with  1/4 c sugar mixed with 2 T cinnamon. Cook breadsticks & drizzle with frosting (2 T butter, 2 T milk, 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 t vanilla).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey. I saw you posted on the book of christ all about Jesus birth and it was the free printable one on the blog sew alot or something. I cannot get it to work. Do you still have all the downloads to make that book? I know it's days before christmas, but if you have a few minutes can you email it to me please. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. My email is cassiejohnson08@yahoo.com