Sunday, July 18, 2010

Southwestern BBQ Chicken Salad

This salad is so, so delicious!

2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 can corn, drained (I just used a couple handfuls of frozen corn, thawed out in the microwave.)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 Haas avocados, diced
shredded cheese, Mexican blend or cheddar
crispy tortilla strips

  • Stir shredded chicken in with the BBQ sauce until well coated (I cooked my chicken in the crockpot with BBQ sauce, shredded it and then added more BBQ sauce. I thought it turned out really well). Of course you can use less or more sauce, it's up to you! I like quite a bit since I love the smoky flavor of BBQ sauce in a salad.
  • Toss together the lettuce, cilantro, corn, beans, and chopped veggies.
  • Top with shredded chicken, cheese and crispy tortilla strips.
  • Drizzle ranch or cilantro lime dressing over salad and enjoy!

No comments: